- Hormone Analysisy
- Upper GI Endoscopy
• The policy at SJHRC is to provide initial medical care to all emergency patients & also to guide transfer of patients who do not match with the scope of services to a suitable facility.The emergency protocol and procedure for emergency care is documented in Doc. No. SJHRC/COP/QSP/01. SJHRC do not issue death certificate for brought dead cases without a post mortem to ascertain the cause of death. Entry is made in brought death register.The policy at SJHRC is to handle medico-legal cases as per documented procedure and police intimation is also done.• The procedure for handling of medico-legal cases is documented in Doc. No. SJHRC/AAC/QSP/02..In emergency, resuscitation and stabilization of the patient will be carried out first and medico-legal formalities are performed subsequently.
• Patient care is provided in consonance with documented procedure described in Doc. No. SJHRC/COP/QSP/01. All the staffs working in emergency area are oriented to the policies & procedures through periodic internal training and EMOs and Nursing Staff in the emergency are trained in BLS as well as ACLS.
• Admission of patients is documented in patient’s records as well as in and Discharge Summary (SJHRC/RG/16).In case of transfer to another organization the evidence is documented in patient’s medical record.For emergency cases initial medical care is given & then the patient is admitted or transferred to another facility with a treatment Sheet (SJHRC /FM/03) or sent home as per patient condition
• The records are maintained in the Emergency Master Register Doc. No/ PATIENT TRANSFER RECORD (SJHRC/FM/23)
• SJHRC is having two in-house ambulances which are equipped with Basic Life Support (BLS) facilities. The outsourced ambulance is equipped with Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) facilities and MOU
• Personnel, allotted in the ambulance are trained in BLS and are competent to handle medical emergency situations. A critical care ambulance is arranged in case of patient is in a critical condition or the patient is on ventilator. A doctor & a nurse/GDA staff accompany the unstable or critically ill patient. The ambulance driver is having valid driving license.